I don’t know about y’all, but my favorite part about Christmas is getting into the Christmas spirit. Until now I worked and worked, all the while not realizing I was to busy to enjoy Christmas. I started listening to Christmas music in the beginning of November, then stopped somewhere in the middle of all the ruckus.
Then we started working on the fields again! (You never know what will happen with Kansas weather.)
Now–obviously, Christmas is coming around the bin and I’m not done with my shopping. I told myself, ‘this year I’m going to keep on top of things and be done with everything before December’. Then enjoy the simple love of the Christmas season. We’ll . . . look at me, now instead of getting into the Christmas spirit I’m racking my brain and searching every store and every site for the perfect gift; focused on cleaning everything. Now? What time does this leave for making candy with my brother? Singing Christmas songs with the family, while decorating the Christmas tree. Reading the Christmas story, as everyone snuggles on the couch with the fireplace crackling. Packing food baskets to give to the needy or goody plates to give to our neighbors?
I have decided I’m going to set my mind to ease and start singing rather than stressing. I think that ought to put me in the Christmas spirit!
Five Christmas Traditions Your Family Might Enjoy
- Find a tasty recipe for homemade candy or chocolate and try making it as a family.
- Bake homemade goodies and bring your neighbors a goody plate.
- Make gingerbread houses.
- Read the Christmas story as a family.
- Go ice skating.
Interesting ways that Might Help you get Into the Christmas Spirit
- Listen to as much Christmas Music as you can handle.
- Go for a walk downtown when all the lights are out.
- Give from your heart–to anyone at any time.
- Share the love that was born on Christmas day.
- Set cozy feel to your home with, goodies, decorations or plain love and laughter.